Are you contemplating selling your business or creating an exit strategy ? It could be tempting to jump into the process of selling your business without...
Ask the Expert
In this segment, we answer some of the most common questions we get from business owners as they prepare to buy or sell a business. You will read answers from attorneys, business brokers, accountants, CPAs, business owners, venture capitalists, business appraisers, and many more. If you are thinking about buying or selling a business, take a moment to read through these frequently asked questions. Why spend hours searching the internet, only to find inconsistent information on unknown websites. Here at Morgan & Westfield, we provide insight into the business world and provide you with reliable information to help you better prepare to buy or sell a business.
- Should I Shoulder Unpaid Debts That Were Made Before Shares Were Purchased?
- How long will it take to sell my business?
- What is the difference between repeat and recurring customers?
- What is an Amortization Period?
- Should I switch accounting systems?
Dealing with Buyers
- When should I send my financials to a buyer?
- What is a phased screening process?
- How Do Buyers Make Payments For Limited Liability Companies?
Offers, Term Sheets & Letters of Intent
- I have an offer, should I take my business off the market?
- Who should write the offer – buyer or seller?
- What is the difference between an LOI and a Purchase Agreement?\
- What is a term sheet?
- What is the next step if someone wants to make an offer on my business?
Closing & Purchase Agreements
- Should I sell my business using an auction ?